- Born Feb. 1889 in Duffield, Scott Co., VA
- Died of tuberculsis 9 July 1915, Johnson City, Washington Co. Tennessee. She died four months after the death of her newborn daughter Mildred (who died of cyanosis, or “blue baby” syndrome).
- Daugther of John Quincy Adams HALE and Eliza TAYLOR HALE and the sister of Polly HALE
- Born about 1885 in Mitchell Co. NC
- Died unknown
- Son of Doc MOSELEY and Delphis COX
Their children were:
- Fitzgerald Eugene Moseley (1909-1978)
- Maurice Hale Moseley (1911-1978)
- Eileen M Moseley (1913-1989)
- Mildred Moseley (born and died on 10 Mar 1915)
Photo was taken about 1906 and is the property of pat jones.
For information on Adolphus and Adeline’s family, see their Family Details
This post was update on January 3, 2017.
Adeline and Adolphus were my great grandparents. Adeline died young, not long after her last child was born. Adolphus left the children with Adeline’s sister to go to work, he wrote home a few times and then was never heard from again. There are several stories about where he went and what happened to him. He worked the railroads and it seems he may have had another family in WV. If it is the same man, then he also abandoned those children when their mother died.
pat jones says
This post was update on January 3, 2017 to include death information on Adeline and the addition of her children.